I stand for students. Every decision, every vote, aims to shape an environment where they emerge empowered and ready to take on the world. Even if it means standing alone sometimes.- Deon Temne
Unapologetically, Students First
- Renewed focus on robust safety plans and practices at every school.
- Fostering an environment that supports the mental health and social well-being of all students.
- Elimination of exclusionary disciplinary actions that feed the school to prison pipeline.
- Upgrade facilities to modernize our approach to physical safety and infrastructure.
- Personal Discovery—Every student should have the opportunity to foster a strong sense of self, understand their unique strengths, and value their cultural identity.
- Individual Skills—Beyond academics, students should be equipped with life skills that prepare them for real-world challenges.
- Cognitive Enhancement—Pushing the boundaries of all students' intellectual capacities should be a mainstay.
- Criticality—Encouraging questioning, deep thinking, and problem-solving is crucial for success in today's world.
- Adopt culturally relevant curriculum to address opportunity gaps, which are a testament to continued resistance from Black and Brown students to instruction and curriculum that does not inclusively represent or resonate with them.
- High expectations for all students to ensure our advanced placement courses are accessed equitably.
- Recruit and retain qualified instructors who mirror the diverse backgrounds of our students, fostering a deeper connection and understanding.
- Actively seek out and understand the voices in our community that often go unheard. Decisions that affect the community should be made with a comprehensive understanding of its diverse needs and perspectives.
Together we can ensure every CHCCS student, regardless of background or circumstance, leaves our district as an independent, empowered, critically-thinking, lifelong learner, poised to achieve to their utmost potential.